Minimum Experience: Grade 12 diploma and a minimum one-year related experience are required.
At SARCAN, we create meaningful careers that matter in communities all across the province. Help us create a greener, more inclusive future for Saskatchewan by joining our team made up of people of all abilities.
At SARCAN we offer team members many opportunities, including:
• An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your fellow team members, our customers, and our environment.
• An opportunity to succeed in a fun, supportive, accommodating and inclusive workplace.
• An opportunity to learn through many hands on and online educational opportunities.
• An opportunity to be rewarded fairly and equitably through competitive wages and benefits, which can include health and dental coverage, an employer-matching pension plan, an employee assistance plan, and family-friendly work schedules.
• An opportunity to be a part of a Saskatchewan tradition and one of Canada’s most successful recycling systems.
The life of a SARCAN Cashier
Each and every SARCAN team member is an important part of our team and our community. As a Cashier you will be responsible for:
• Assuming the duties of the Assistant Depot Supervisor or Depot Supervisor in their absence, depending on the size of depot, and as required.
• Providing direction and guidance to Recycling Technicians to ensure SARCAN customer satisfaction.
• Greeting customers, fielding inquiries and complaints, and issuing refunds using point of sale system
• Preparing containers and non-legislated materials for shipping, which may include sorting, crushing, packaging and palletizing materials
• Loading and unloading trailers by hand or using depot equipment (e.g. pallet jack, forklift, etc.), and completing related paperwork
• Cleaning and maintaining depot building and equipment
• Bending, climbing, stretching, lifting, toting and standing for long periods of time are required.
• Completing all functions necessary to open and/or close the depot
• As required, retrieving floats from the bank, completing night deposits, preparing daily cash reconciliation, issuing cheques, and completing daily, weekly, and monthly depot reporting
• Following safety procedures and safe work practices in compliance with policies
• Attending training and workshops as required.
• Performing all other duties as assigned.
• Becoming the biggest recycling expert among all of your family and friends
What are the skills you must have to perform this role?
To be successful as a Cashier at SARCAN, you will need:
• A Grade 12 diploma or GED and minimum one year related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Supervisory and/or cash handling experience is an asset
• Working knowledge of OH&S regulations
• To possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Amazing customer service skills
• General computer skill and basic proficiency using Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Strong numeracy skills
• A high level of professionalism and dependability
• To provide a satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector check as a condition of employment
Are you interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in a career filled with opportunities that makes a difference in the lives of people all across Saskatchewan, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 22, 2023.
We thank everyone for your interest in this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.