Location: Saskatoon North or Saskatoon South
Minimum Experience: Grade 12 diploma and a minimum of three years related experience are required.
A career that counts.
At SARCAN, we create meaningful careers that matter in communities all across the province. Help us create a greener, more inclusive future for Saskatchewan by joining our team made up of people of all abilities.
At SARCAN we offer team members many opportunities, including:
• An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your fellow team members, our customers, and our environment.
• An opportunity to succeed in a fun, supportive, accommodating, and inclusive workplace.
• An opportunity to learn through many hands on and online educational opportunities.
• An opportunity to be rewarded fairly and equitably through competitive wages and benefits, which can include health and dental coverage, an employer-matching pension plan, an employee assistance plan, and family-friendly work schedules.
• An opportunity to be a part of a Saskatchewan tradition and one of Canada’s most successful recycling systems.
The life of a SARCAN Assistant Depot Supervisor
Each and every SARCAN team member is an important part of our team and our community. As an Assistant Depot Supervisor you will be responsible for:
• Directing staff in the receiving, preparation and loading functions on the depot floor.
• Ensuring building and equipment upkeep and maintenance, including small repairs.
• Opening and/or closing the depot in accordance with related policies and procedures.
• Performing daily cash reconciliations, issuing cheques, completing daily, weekly, and monthly depot reports, and running bank errands, at times including night deposits. Monitoring staff compliance with SARCAN and OH&S policies and procedures.
• Performing all tasks within the depot, from counting containers for deposit refund and operating the Point of Sale system or tills, to preparing containers for shipping and loading product onto trailers for transport.
• Participating in daily cleaning activities.
• Dealing with escalated customer complaints and inquiries.
• Handling on-going operational concerns (customers, staff) in a timely manner.
• Assuming Supervisor’s duties in their absence.
• Attending training and workshops as required.
• Performing other tasks as required.
• Becoming the biggest recycling expert among all of your family and friends
What are the skills you must have to perform this role?
To be successful as an Assistant Depot Supervisor at SARCAN, you will need to:
• Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Display amazing customer service skills.
• Have the ability to do physical work.
• Be dependable and reliable.
• Previous supervisory experience considered an asset.
• Have a working knowledge of OH&S regulations in an industrial setting.
• Have basic working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
• Portray a high level of professionalism.
• Be committed to teamwork and meeting team goals.
• Be flexible and willing to change priorities and deadlines.
• Be able to work effectively with persons with all abilities.
• Provide a satisfactory criminal record check as a condition of employment.
Are you interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in a career filled with opportunities that makes a difference in the lives of people all across Saskatchewan, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2023.
In the body of the email, please indicate the location you wish to apply for:
• North – Kochar Avenue
• South – Jasper Ave
We thank everyone for your interest in this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.