Type: 13-14 Month Term Position, beginning April 2024
Minimum Experience: Minimum 1-2 years of experience
A career that counts.
At SARCAN, we create meaningful careers that matter in communities all across the province. We are seeking a progressive individual to fill an Administrative Assistant term position. Help us create a greener, more inclusive future for Saskatchewan by joining our team made up of people of all abilities.
At SARCAN we offer team members many opportunities, including:
• An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your fellow team members, our customers, and our environment.
• An opportunity to succeed in a fun, supportive, accommodating and inclusive workplace.
• An opportunity to learn through many hands on and online educational opportunities.
• An opportunity to be rewarded fairly and equitably through competitive wages and benefits, including an employee assistance plan, and family-friendly work schedules.
• An opportunity to be a part of a Saskatchewan tradition and one of Canada’s most successful recycling systems.
The life of a SARCAN Administrative Assistant:
Each and every SARCAN team member is an important part of our team and our community. As an Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for:
• Fielding calls for SARCAN Recycling, including the Drop & Go system, and wherever possible, responding to questions, concerns, and complaints. Refer other calls as appropriate.
• Preparing correspondence, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and other documents using a range of office software.
• Overseeing the maintenance of Approved Products and Container Distributor database, and communication with the department of Environment on issues of approval and/or contravention.
• Performing general office duties for the SARCAN Recycling Division including filing, mail processing and distribution, courier arrangements, mail outs, etc.
• Ensuring correspondence and/or administrative tasks of a sensitive nature are carried out in accordance SARCAN standards, policies, and procedures.
• Recording all minutes for monthly SARCAN team meetings, and the SARCAN annual planning workshop.
• Recording all minutes for the SARCAN Operations Committee, and/or Finance/Pension and Benefits Committee of the Board.
• Assisting with SARCAN events and training
• Assisting with signs and materials ordering and distribution for depots and processing (i.e., standard SARCAN depot signage, marketing materials, etc.)
• Reviewing all “Open/Close” reports from SecurTek in respect of all SARCAN locations and will inform the appropriate individual or Regional Manager of possible policy violations.
• Providing administrative support to other departments as necessary.
• Providing back-up for front office administrative support positions as required.
• Attending training and workshops as required.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Please note: This position is based out of our head office in Saskatoon (111 Cardinal Crescent); occasional travel is expected within the province.
What are the skills you must have to perform this role?
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant at SARCAN, you will need:
• One-year post-secondary office administration certificate and experience working in an office environment.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and effective organizational and administrative skills are essential.
• Discretion and diplomacy are required as the position is privy to, and works with, sensitive and highly confidential information.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 is required; comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
• Typing speed – minimum 65 words per minute
• A strong degree of professionalism, while remaining highly personable and approachable in the company of people of all abilities, cultures, and backgrounds
• High ethical conduct, acting with integrity, sensitivity, and confidentiality
• Must provide a satisfactory criminal record check as a condition of employment
• Must be committed to teamwork and meeting team goals
• Flexibility and the willingness to change priorities and deadlines
Are you interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in a career filled with opportunities that makes a difference in the lives of people all across Saskatchewan, please apply online via the Apply Now link below by February 27, 2024.
We thank everyone for your interest in this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.