All beverage containers sold in Saskatchewan must be registered. This ensures that a deposit will be charged at the time of sale, which the purchaser will be refunded when they bring the container(s) back to SARCAN.
Before you register your container, please be reminded that some items are not included in the deposit program and do not need to be registered.
The following items are not included in the deposit program:
- Foil pouches
- Bag-in-a-box (wine, water)
- Refillable water jugs or industrial milk bladders larger than 5 litres
- Products labeled as meal replacements
- products labeled as fortified liquid diet
- Baby juices (i.e Heinz)
- Any product, packaged in either a frozen or non-frozen format, that requires one or more additives to transform it into a ready-to-serve drink (frozen juice concentrate, etc.)
- Other household glass, plastic, cardboard/paper aggregate (TetraPak®), and metal containers (i.e., pickle jars, margarine tubs, soup broth cartons, vegetable tins, etc.)